First Baptist Church exists to glorify God as a spiritual community, by helping every believer fulfill their mission of making disciples.
This is done by bringing people to Jesus, incorporating them into the church, and by preparing disciples for mature, holy living and faithful service. We desire to present to our Lord as many Christ-like disciples as we can before He returns.
To accomplish this mission, First Baptist Church promotes:
- Joyful Worship and praise of God in its services and in all of life, and the clear and complete declaration and application of God’s Word as absolute truth for the hearer in all areas of life and faith;
- Diligent Training of believers to be disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ by teaching the truths of Scripture and challenging believers to a holy and separated life (specifically, providing a discipleship program which includes, but is not limited to, Sunday Bible classes, a Christian School, children’s and youth ministries, adult ministries, camps and other ministries deemed needful for the training of the believer in service to God);
- Encouraging Service to one another and others in the Spirit of God;
- Authentic Fellowship through involvement with and encouragement of one another; and
- Personal Proclamation of the gospel to those in each believer’s sphere of influence (including special endeavors as a means of assisting believers in evangelism in the New Ulm area and surrounding communities, and lifting the missions awareness of the believer through exposure to home and world missions opportunities in our state, our nation, and around the world).